Amy S. Turner - AckLfee Artworks - Art Licensing, Graphic Design, Illustration, Colored Pencil Art, Childrens Book Illustration, Art Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pssssst! I had a secret....

Hey everyone!  Hope y'all are keeping cool during these dog days of summer....

If you read my last post, you know that 2013 was a great year for me as a member of the Colored Pencil Society of America.  I was juried into my 3rd International show which allowed me to achieve the coveted "Signature Status" I was endeavoring toward.  But, along with this, there was another little bit of info that I wasn't able to tell anyone until the banquet in Brea, CA. at the beginning of August....  I actually won an award!!!!!  WOOOWHOOOO!!!!

Let me tell you, if you've EVER viewed the work of the members of CPSA, you will know what an honor an privilege winning an award at the International really is.  When I got the call in June, I practically floated on air - I just couldn't believe it!  I was given an "Award of Excellence!"   If you'd like to see the award winners from the show, here's a link:

http://www.cpsa.org/coloredpencilartists/21/aw2013.html

See what I was up against????  LOL  That's some seriously crazy-good artwork!  Now I have to start working on something for the Explore This! Online Exhibit.  ARGH!

Have a great week and wish me luck!  :)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a self-employed graphic artist of 18+ years, working mainly in the print and specialty events areas of design.