Amy S. Turner - AckLfee Artworks - Art Licensing, Graphic Design, Illustration, Colored Pencil Art, Childrens Book Illustration, Art Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dream Series Artwork - Flying Dreams

Hello all!

Since it has been a while since my last entry, I wanted to get something up just to let everyone know that I'm still alive! LOL Unfortunately, life often interferes with our artistic time, but I have been able to accomplish a few things while I've been attending to other areas....

Since I last updated the site, I decided to work on a series of drawings I called my “Dream Series,” many of which included images of flying figures. The experience of flight in my dreams has always fascinated and energized me. I'm not sure how many of you also have dreams of flying but, for me, it almost seems second nature – if only I could bring the experience into my waking hours (I wish I could try those new wing suits)! As you can see from several of the pieces, I tend to experience two different types of flight...the first is a floating, kite-like, dipping and darting, and the second is an actual bird-like soaring where arms and legs are used for steering, banking and acceleration/braking. You can see examples of these in the pieces entitled “Dream Series - High Wire,” “Dream Series – Dream Vacation” and “Dream Series – Into The Light.”  Check them out here!

In the “High Wire” piece, I also allude to a phenomenon I used to experience in my younger years where I would fly only so high when faced with getting over high tension wires – usually just lifting my legs and scraping my butt over the top of them. I'd also have instances where I'd reach a ceiling height of about 30 feet, then stop abruptly as if the wind left my sails (something like Wile E. Coyote realizing he doesn't have any ground underneath him anymore), and plummet. Thank goodness that doesn't happen anymore! I'm sure psychoanalysts would have a field day with this, huh? LOL

But nowadays, I control my flight like a pro when I'm lucky enough to have a flying dream. I wish I knew what triggered them because I'd do it every time I closed my eyes, if I could! Gee...wonder why I have an affinity for my fine, feathered friends? :)

Happy flying and I hope you like the pieces!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a self-employed graphic artist of 18+ years, working mainly in the print and specialty events areas of design.