Amy S. Turner - AckLfee Artworks - Art Licensing, Graphic Design, Illustration, Colored Pencil Art, Childrens Book Illustration, Art Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome & A Wee Bit o' Info About Me

Welcome to the AckLfee Art Blog!  I will be adding info, cool/helpful links and hopefully a bit of inspiration and insite into my creative process as we go, so be sure to check in often.

For now, just a quick bit of info about myself....  I've been an artist since I was given my first set of crayons (maybe sooner).  Like most artistic types, I took as many art-related classes in school as I could and was lucky to have had some wonderful, creative mentors growing up.  My field is "Graphic Communications" which encompasses a bit of everything, from various print media to POP and specialty event designs.  My 18+ years has been spent as the self employed, artisitc half of two businesses that my husband and I started shortly after we married (and we're still both relatively sane...well mostly).

I have always had a desire to merchandise my artwork but, because of a lack of licensing knowledge and two busy businesses, I was never able to fully pursue that dream.  The idea of bankrolling lines of merchandise, warehousing product and pounding the pavement to sell it all seemed daunting (to say the least) on top of everything else!  How did those famous names ever make their mark in the retail market????

Epiphany Day for Amy!
Early this year while researching my merchandising dream, I sent a fateful email to art licensing maven, Tara Reed, asking for her advice.  I found her site, http://www.artlicensinginfo.com/ , and thus began my true education into all things licensing.  From there, I have spent most of my free time of late scrambling to bring myself up-to-speed, to launch my own art licensing brand.  I still have much to learn but I'm loving every minute of it and have met some wonderful people along the way.  AND I get to expand my creative universe exponentially!  Wooo-HOOOO!!!  I'm having a blast, the art is flowing and my big dream is well on it's way!  :)

There is one other person I need to thank, however...so I'd like to give another shout-out to a fine lady who has been of so much help in the last few months...J'net Smith - licensing guru, agent and font-of-knowlege extraordinare!  Thanks so much for your patience and wisdom J'net!  Visit her sites here:  http://www.allartlicensing.com/   &   http://www.jnetsmith.com/  .

Stay tuned!  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a self-employed graphic artist of 18+ years, working mainly in the print and specialty events areas of design.